Monday, March 12, 2012

Live Video

I installed a new Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 camera on Saturday. Then the  Pastor and I worked out the location and zoom for the best overall picture. We couldn't do anything with sound but I knew what and how to tweak that during the live service. All was well, or so I thought; I  had nothing but problems on Sunday. From computer glitches, to internet glitches, to operator errors - it all came at me. The first thing was that somehow Adobe Flash was gone - yup, how does that happen? Frantic, I attempted download the program, it stopped in the midddle of the download, so I had to start all over. Frantic now, I finaly get it downloaded and installed on the computer. Everythig is working. Go live during the service, adjust the recording levels and all is well - until we lose the internet connection, this has me concerned, it's the second time it's happened. I have to scramble to re-establish the connection. I finally get a connection and now the computer won't recognize the camera - my frustration point is about at it's maximum........ We are trying to broadcast the gosapel to the world and roadblocks are being put up. I finally got everything working, but in my enthusiasm I forgot to adjust the recording levels. When I looked at the saved video and heard how bad it sounded I was ashamed of it. I know that the Lord honors our work, but mediocre, sub-standard work is nothing to be proud of. I am considering suspending the broadcast until I can afford to upgrade the laptop and the DSL service. I apologize to everyone that even attempted to watch the sunday services live.  I deleted the video from our LiveStream "OnDemand" library this morning. I did video tape the service, so I will get it on line later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment